The senate shall be the supreme organ responsible for academic affairs, research and education within the Institute of Higher Education.
The Senate shall be composed of the following persons:
- The Vice-chancellor of the UNIK, who shall be its Chairperson;
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellors of the Institute,
- TheVice-chancellor in charge of Academic Affairs shall serve as the Vice -Chairperson and the Rapporteur;
- The Coordinators of Campuses,
- The Deans of Faculties;
- The Directors of specialized centres and services under the Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Academic Affairs;
- A full professor by faculty elected by his/her colleagues
- The Heads of Departments;
- An ordinary lecturer per faculty or per centre elected by his or her colleagues;
- The Directors of the Library;
- The student in charge of Academic Affairs in the Students’ Union of the UNIK;
- A student per Faculty elected by his or her fellow students.
However, the Academic Senate may invite to its meetings any other person when necessary.