The University Council is the highest decision-making organ of administration and management. It is composed of:
- The Chairperson appointed by the General Assembly of the INATEK;
- Three (3) persons appointed by the INATEK;
- The Vice-chancellor, who is the Secretary of the Board of Governors;
- The Deputy Vice-chancellors;
- A representative of the Deans of Faculties elected by his or her colleagues;
- Three (3) persons who are experts in the fields of science and technology, nominated by the General Assembly of the INATEK;
- A representative of the staff elected by his or her colleagues;
- Two (2) students of opposite sex elected by their colleagues;
- A representative of the private sector appointed by the Private Sector Federation, upon request by the Chairperson of the INATEK.
The mandate of the University Council is is three (3) years renewable.